Sony Ericsson just shook the smartphone world up a little at one of their pre-show events.
Pretty soon we’ll be hearing a lot more about an absolutely gorgeous phone they just unveiled, currently going by the codename Idou (official site here), but here’s what we know so far.
- 12.1MP camera with Xenon flash, face detection, smile shutter and anti-shake image stabilisation.
- 3.5 inch 16:9 ratio touchscreen.
- Symbian OS, with rumours that it will run the new Symbian Foundation OS that’s yet to be announced.
- This is currently a concept, but is slated to have a model number assigned and be released in the third quarter of 2009.
- Enough sexy style in a Symbian handset to make Apple start worrying big time.
- The first announced device to natively support Entertainment Unlimited synchronisation – SE’s new monthly subscription, unlimited movie downloads, content automatically synched between PC’s and mobile devices service.
- This premium phone is designed under one original concept – combining the distinctive features of the Walkman and Cybershot phones into one device, and it will have the latest software from both installed.
So far so cutting edge, beating our standalone Sony cybershot digital camera for photo resolution and hosting an operating system that no-one outside the Symbian Foundation has heard about yet. Its a safe bet to say this will be SE’s latest flagship model, and sell only to gadget freaks who make me look normal and have more money than they know what to do with. Still, she’s a pretty little thing isn’t she.