I've been getting a load of visits recently from people searching how to perform a hard reset on the Samsung i8910 Omnia HD so I thought I'd throw together a quick guide on how to do exactly that.
- Open the telephone dialler by pressing the software button on the bottom left of the front screen.
- Type *#7370#
- You'll be asked if you want to restore all of the original settings and warned that the phone will restart. Choose yes.
- Now you'll be asked to enter the lock code. Enter 00000000 as the code. That's eight zeros.
- Click the OK button and the phone will reset. This takes some time so be patient.
Occasionally you'll find yourself in a situation where you can't use the screen and therefore can't use this process to reformat a phone. In that case you'll need to do the following.
- Pull the battery to make sure it's powered off correctly then replace it.
- Hold down the green call button and the middle button at the same time.
- With those two buttons held down, press the red power on button.
- The phone should give you the option to format now and you can press the green key to accept it.
Be aware that the phone memory and the hard drive will all be wiped clean so back up anything you need to keep either to a PC or to a memory card. Don't forget to remove the memory card before the reset as some memory cards may also be occasionally wiped in this process.