Today is the international Toasted Marshmallow Day (notice I never miss the food days eh?) and in honour of such an esteemed day I’d like to present you guys with a recipe I found a few years back.
Hot Cocoa With Marshmallow Cakes
The ingrediants you’ll need are:
- 3/4 cup of flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of water
- Handful of tiny marshmallows
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix the flour, salt, cocoa and baking powder together.
- Mix the butter, sugar, vanilla and egg together, beating the paste is smooth.
- Alternate adding the water and the flour mixture, beating the mixture as you go along.
- Take several small marshmallows and place one inside each paper cake liner then pour the mixture on top of them.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of the cakes then leave to cool for 10 minutes.
Hope you guys have a wonderful day, and don’t forget to toast a marshmallow for yourself.